All The Tropes:Terms of Service
Jump to navigation Jump to search
By registering as a contributor to All The Tropes (ATT), you agree to the following terms:
- You promise not to be a huge jerk on our site. This includes page vandalism, link spamming, abusive behavior, illegal acts (in the United States or the Netherlands), or trying to drown out others' opinions. While we expect and encourage different points of view, we don't need disagreements to affect the abilities of others to enjoy the site.
- You agree to follow our policy on Copyrights. This means that you can only upload content that you are legally allowed to; and that for any text you create and submit to ATT, you grant a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license (CC-BY-SA). You retain ownership of the content that you submit, though any person may edit, remix, or copy it under the CC-BY-SA license. You may also submit content to the site that you don't own or license, insofar as it meets the rationale for Fair Use in the United States.
- You agree not to violate other people's copyrights in your edits. Which is to say, you promise that you won't cut-and-paste material from other sites unless their copyright policies permit it, or the material so copied is already in the public domain. We request that you make a good-faith effort to ascertain the rights status of anything you yourself do not create from scratch.
- For images and other non-textual content you submit, you must grant us some sort of perpetual, royalty-free license to distribute them that does not restrict commercial use. If no rationale is given by you at the time of upload, you agree to put the image under a CC-BY-SA license.
- You agree to follow our Content Guidelines when posting -- be informal and informative. ATT is not your blog, but opinions are an important part of literary criticism. Pornography may not be posted directly to this website, but discussion of it is allowed.
- ATT may, at its sole discretion, terminate or restrict your access to the website, or delete content you upload. ATT will try to avoid arbitrary and capricious administrative decisions, but ultimately makes no guarantees.
Curious to know what we promise to you? See our Policy for Wiki Staff.