Angel Heart (1987 film)/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Adaptation Displacement: The novel "Falling Angel" isn't half as well-known as this film.
- Complete Monster: Johnny Favourite. When you make the Devil seem like a Reasonable Authority Figure...
Epiphany: (speaking of her mother) She said that Johnny Favourite was the closest thing to true evil that she ever wanted to get.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Lots of 40s-era New Orleans jazz and an excellent score by Trevor Jones.
- Narm -- YMMV, but the "who was the booooyyy?!" bit does slip into Se7en-ish territory, even though the whole ending scene is horrifying.
- Though the part in said scene where Epiphany's child's eyes (and Robert de Niro's) turn red is also a little ridiculous, if only because the special effects used are pretty corny.