Just try picking one moment!
- For this troper, the scene when Anne is separated from her father. Yes, we all knew it was coming, but the way Anne screams and cries "Pim!" is enough to make you bawl like a baby.
- Any time Anne or the entire family gets their hopes up about the war ending, since we all know there is no hope for them anyway.
- The ENTIRE scene when they first get in the concentration camp. They show the hair-cutting (which was not staged, by the way,) and their arms getting tattooed on camera!
- Jacque and Anne promising they'll still be friends after the war. Jacque lives.
- Even the scene when Jacque calls Anne and asks if they can come to each other's houses the next day, but it's the day the Franks are going into hiding. Anne has to lie and tell Jacque she'll try to make it to her house tomorrow.
- A lot of scenes with Hannah, actually. What about when they find each other on opposite sides of the fence? Hannah is in the 'better' part of the camp, seeing that her hair is still all there and she's being fed fairly well. And when she tries to smuggle food for Anne, it gets stolen. It's worse when you know that that entire scene was word-for-word the real Hannah Goslar's accounts of that night.
- "Birds...I had almost forgotten about birds."
- For this troper, one of the scenes that really made her tear up was Anne clinging to her cat when she learns they can't take him with them. This troper has eleven pets- she couldn't possibly imagine leaving them behind.
- Anne hearing birds outside is what led to her accidentally killing Margot.