Jump to navigation Jump to search
YMMV page for the novel Discworld/Night Watch.
- Complete Monster: Carcer is a textbook example, cheerfully grinning and denying everything while he's stabbing you. Perhaps also Captain Swing.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The entire book is a fan favorite.
- Fridge Brilliance: Who is the only person Badass enough to train Vimes? Vimes himself.
- And, as the main article mentions about Reg Shoe's cry, they do in fact, take his life. But they never take his freedom.
- Iron Woobie: Vimes, oh, Vimes. He gets trapped back in time and just wants to go home, but he grits his teeth does the job to the end. Then he finds himself in way over his head, trying to change history and save the people he knows will die even if it means changing the future he wants to go back to. Then when he fails...
- Magnificent Bitch: Madam, with Vetinari as her Bastard Understudy.
- Squick: What they find in the Cable Street cellar. Not much description is given beyond the very good soundproofing, the smell of blood, and a single tooth lying on the floor, but young Sam's reaction when he sees inside the cells is scary enough.
- Too Cool to Live: Like Inigo Skimmer before him, Ned Coates is a Badass who lives for all of one Watch novel. The only one who can stand up to both Carcer and Vimes unflinching. His grave is mentioned along with Keel's at the end.
- He's also too cool for us to see him die. We left him talking to Vimes and fine. Then we get his grave mention.