21 Jump Street (film)/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ho Yay:
- Hanson and Penhall. Like whoa. Though frequently diverted by various conveniently placed girlfriends. not to mention Hoffs sleeps with Penhall in season two. because they're both totally straight.
- In one episode, Hanson is shot in the line of duty and Penhall tells Jonah Hill, "If I could kiss it and make it better, I would." It's an Egregious example when one considers where Hanson was shot.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Schmidt tries to shut up a family friend at the store who almost blows his cover in front of Eric by shoving her against a table of shoes, and then saying she tried to grab his dick.
- Arguably, when The coach got his dick shot off. After he stops complaining a bit, they go "is that it?!" and point to half a hot dog. He then tries to grab it with his mouth.
- Dude, Not Funny: The trailer for the movie has a scene where the police captain, played by Ice Cube, asks the two officers played by Tatum and Hill if they're autistic, intending it as an insult. That didn't go over very well with the autistic community.
- Fridge Brilliance: Though intentional or not, Jenko's remark of "Fuck you, Glee" could be construed as a comeback to the 2010 Christmas episode of the series where Chang says to Santa Claus, "I wish Channing Tatum would stop being in stuff."
- Ho Yay: Jenko and Schmidt; they both frequently "wrestle" with one another in the film, and Schmidt even says to Jenko at one point "Will you go to the prom with me?"
- Followed by "I cherish you"
- "Let's have a baby."
- "You're the one in the Peter Pan suit!"
- Jenko has a lot of stuff. There's him pretending to butt fuck the perp at the beginning, humping a nerd at the party, pretending that a giant stuffed giraffe is his dick and using it to fuck Schmidt.
- Heartwarming Moments: There's something oddly sweet about the fact that, in spite of the time spent ripping the premise a new one, the film is incredibly faithful to its predecessor: it reunites the core cast even if two members get shot to hell, insists that the church is the same and any decor changes are only due to it being leased out, and even making its lead the son of a short-lived and forgotten first season character.
- Squick: Schmidt shoots off Mr. Walters' dick, and the latter tries to pick it up with his mouth.
- Troperiffic: Seriously... it's like a trope wiki became sentient, joined forces with Cracked.com, and wrote the screenplay. Then again, what did you expect from Scott Pilgrim's Michael Bacall, a light romantic comedy?