A Christmas Story/Fridge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Man, that's a large mountain Santa's on. That's a huge box for such an underwhelming Leg Lamp. They BANDAGED Flick's tongue? What? Oh wait, it's a 'middle-aged man's retelling of what he saw through the eyes of a 9-year-old - of course everything is exaggerated!
- This also neatly explains any anachronisms in the movie.
- When Ralphie's Old Man is asking him what Ralphie asked Santa for, on the second viewing it hits you that he had just bought Ralphie his BB gun while Ralphie was talking to Santa.
- Throughout the movie, Ralphie's teacher, his mom, Santa, etc keep telling him that if he gets a BB gun "You'll shoot your eye out." Ralphie's dad is the only adult in the movie to not use that phrase, his dad comes across as an asshole most of the time, but he's the one who gets him the gift. This is how fathers were back then. In the 1940s and 1950s, dads were hard on their kids, came across as assholes, but were there for them. This makes the movie a perfect representation of the time period. Instead of the Standard Fifties Father, we get A Slice of Life.
- Back to A Christmas Story