A Darker Me/Playing With
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic Trope: The person you would be if you weren't the more cautious, inhibited and boring person you actually are.
- Straight: Bob, a Playful Hacker, has the online persona named Dark Pharaoh who is infinitely edgier and snarkier than him in Real Life. Dark Pharaoh wears Badass Longcoat.
- Exaggerated: Dark Pharaoh is a total fuckwad.
- Downplayed: Dark Pharaoh has Bob's mild mannerism, but doesn't hesitate to point out egregious things when asked, unlike Bob.
- Justified: The story revolves around the members of a certain image board trying to reveal government conspiracy. Being anonymous assholes are expected.
- Inverted: Dark Pharaoh is a total loser (that Bob use as a strawman).
- Subverted: A forum member named Dark Pharaoh seems to be edgy and snarky, which the other members take as normal. However, when the forum have a Real Life meet-up, Bob is as edgy and snarky as the Dark Pharaoh.
- Double Subverted: The edgy and snarky Bob is just a facade for the timid and indecisive William Waddington Jr.
- Zig Zagged: The edgy and snarky Bob turns out to be the real persona after all, and the timid William Waddington Jr. persona was just an act, as part of an elaborate scheme to seduce a girl who isn't into bad boys.
- Parodied: The sheer over-the-topness of Dark Pharaoh inspire people to make a Dark Pharaoh Facts.
- Averted: Every online persona/magical avatar/component soul behaves in civil manner.
- Enforced: The work Bob is in is targeted at audience with similar level of maturity as him.
- Lampshaded: "Oh boy, yet another totally uninhibited virtual dickhead who lives in momma's basement."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob tries to use Dark Pharaoh 'attitude' in Real Life. The first stranger he tries to do it to punches him in the face before he even finishes his line.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to A Darker Me.