A Place to Bury Strangers
A Place to Bury Strangers, aka APTBS is an alternative band from New York City, notable for disturbing Shoegazing. Believe it or not, it's better than it sounds. Also, as a warning, you may want to turn your speakers down when listening to these guys. They're unbelievably loud.
The band currently consists of Oliver Ackermann (guitar/vocals), Dion Lunadon (bass) and Jay Space (drums). They started out in 2003, playing in small clubs and venues, quickly being labeled "The Loudest Band In New York". Their Self-Titled Album soon followed in 2007 and they started upping the horror quotient in their music. Then in 2009, Exploding Head was released to positive reviews, with the only negative comments being that it was just plain too loud (not that these comments will stop them).
Their live shows are famous for the use of strobe lights and excessive darkness. Yeah, may not be the best show to go to if you have a fear of the dark.
Oh, and they always look badass in their pictures. Just look at the pic on the right. If they could look any more badass, Chuck Norris would be weeping in a corner right now.
- Darker and Edgier -- If you know shoegazing as "that loud 'n super-happy genre that My Bloody Valentine created", you're in for a pretty big surprise.
- Epic Rocking -- Most people agree that Exploding Head is loud and epic.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band
- Indecipherable Lyrics -- Just try to pick up the lyrics from the vocals that are drowned way down in the mix.
- Loudness War -- And HOW!
- It's looking like with the release of Onwards To The Wall EP, they've settled down with the brickwalling.
- Self-Titled Album