Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040/Ho Yay
- In BGC: Tokyo 2040, some fans have noticed that lead character Priss Asagiri seems to have more chemistry with her partner, fellow Knight Saber Linna Yamazaki (and it seems reciprocated) than with her given love interest, cop Leon McNichol. Given Linna's questionable orientation, it may be more than subtext...
- On the other hand, Sylia Stingray, despite her daddy issues and her friends-with-benefits relationship with her mechanic and right-hand man Nigel, seems to be much more Les Yay incarnate. Sylia shamelessly flirts with Linna during their first encounter, gets Priss in a dress, is quite coquettish towards her cute female customers, and her explanation of why she made the Knight Sabers all female was... well... special.
Sylia (leaning suggestively over Nene, lifting her chin with one finger): What I need, Nene dear, is someone with whom I share a very special physical bond.
- There was the whole...explaining to her mother why the arranged marriage wouldn't work out. Very... well... text-texty.
- It's not that Linna wasn't bi-curious but that Priss never seemed to respond to it. If Priss is gay she keeps it hidden.
- When Linna goes backstage after a concert looking for Priss, one of her bandmates makes a comment along the lines of "why is it always Priss the girls come back here to see?"
- And as for Linna and Nene, they do end the series naked and hugging on a beach...