Crypt Killer is a 1995 light gun shooter (Henry Explorer in Japan) from Konami. In it you play as explorers looking for the Eyes of Guidance in hope of finding the ultimate treasure. Just one catch though, a huge wave of monsters stand in you way. Nothing a shotgun and a couple of bullets can't fix right?
The arcade was notable in that three players could play the game at once, something that was only reserved for mounted gun games. As it was an early game, CK blended both pre-rendered sprites and 3-D background together. While muddled looking the game plays fast and can be quite addicting. At the end of every stage you're allowed to pick from two paths to continue one that would lead to a different stage. These paths decided what ending you got. The game was also ported to the PlayStation albeit without three player co-op.
- Bottomless Magazines
- Everything Trying to Kill You: From monsters to swords, to statues to even hieroglyphs on the wall.
- Flash of Pain: This happened in the arcade version only. When a boss has a couple blocks of health left, he/she can blink red.
- Life Meter: For the bosses. The arcade version uses blocks while the console versions use a different form of meter.
- Light Gun Game
- Medusa: One of the bosses
- Multiple Endings: Depends on which paths you take. You either get ambushed by all the bosses you defeated, find the treasure, or find out it was all just a movie you were acting in.
- Rail Shooter