Flower is the leader of the Whiskers until mid-Season 3. She was the mother of nearly all the meerkats in the group. She garnered a reputation for ruling the Whiskers with an "iron paw". Nonetheless, she was also devoted and caring towards her children.
- Love At First Sight: Her meeting with Zaphod in the film. That's not exactly how it went down in real life, however...
- Tough Love: A more benevolent interpretation of her treatment towards her older children.
- Iron Lady: She's got few qualms about kicking her daughters out of the group if they mate with rovers.
Flower's partner and father to the majority of her children. He is the biggest and oldest meerkat in the Whiskers, known for being a bruiser. Zaphod is very protective of Flower, lest his brother Yossarian or a roving male try to mate with her or even challenge his dominance. Zaphod is the only meerkat to appear in all four seasons. When he passed away in 2011, he was the oldest meerkat on the project's record.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Often portrayed this way by the narrator, due to his mate-guarding of Flower. It's somewhat justified though, given that female meerkats do often mate with rovers.
- Cute Bruiser
- Sibling Triangle: Zaphod overthrew his brother Yossarian and took his place as Flower's partner before the start of the series. As such, Zaphod often gets edgy when Yossarian is too close to Flower.
Zaphod's brother and Flower's former partner. Yossarian lost his dominance after a brutal fight with Zaphod. Known to be edgy and paranoid, Yossarian's failed burrow moves led to the death of pups. Between Season 2 and 3, Yossarian left the group on a roving trip and is killed by the Lazuli.