Our Dumb World
Our Dumb World is a mock world atlas written by The Onion. It contains a section on every country on Earth, plus some places that aren't countries. It's a Spiritual Successor to Our Dumb Century.
Tropes used in Our Dumb World include:
- Dead Baby Comedy: Tons, especially in the Africa sections.
- Far Side Island: The Pacific island nation of Kiribati is said to be one of these.
- Hollywood Atlas: Oh yeah.
- Retroactive Legacy: The cover of the book lists it as its 73rd edition.
- Take That: The part on Minnesota is titled "Land of 10,000 Retards" and consists of over-the-top bashing of the state. It should be noted that The Onion was founded in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Take That, Audience!: The introduction contains "A Note to Barnes & Noble Browsers" bashing people who read the book in the store without buying it.
- Technology Marches On: In the entry for Japan, the "palmtop computer" seems less hilarious just a few years later with the advent of smart phones.