The Iliad/Fanfic Recs
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped (wiki). Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
General Fics[edit | hide | hide all]
The Iliad With Zombies by White Rabbit Asylum
- Recommended by: Enunciability
- Synopsis: The Iliad with zombies. Set in the fifth year of the...modern-day Trojan War.
- Comments: Flat-out brilliant. The author doesn't hesitate to poke fun at Homer's idiosyncrasies, like his frequent reminders that Athena has grey eyes. Every scene is hilarious and filled with great lines. I think the one highlighting Patrocles and Achilles' subtext-laden relationship deserves a special mention for making me do a Spit Take. Unfortunately, it seems to be a Dead Fic.
The Aeneid by Virgil
- Recommended by: Skotos
- Synopsis: A Trojan guy called Aeneas escapes from Troy with his dad Anchises. They wander around places and kill lots of people. Oh, and it has something to do with Rome.
- Comments: A bit obscure, not many people have heard of it.