The Long Kiss Goodnight/YMMV
- Acceptable Ethnic Targets: Subverted. The dead Arab is the scapegoat.
- Complete Monster: Timothy, naturally. Not only is there the meat-locker incident described in one of the tropes on the main page, but even his boss, Leland (who isn't exactly a Knight in Shining Armor himself), can see that Timothy's people skills are sadly lacking, during the scene when Leland gives the sleeping Caitlin a Christmas gift.
Leland: I'm not a complete ogre. The girl gets a doll to play with for Christmas.
- There's also a scene where Timothy sadistically tortures a man who he believes knows something about his plan. The victim, knowing Timothy's reputation, pleads to be killed quickly, but Timothy simply stabs him.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
Leland: 1993. World Trade Center bombing, remember? During the trial, one of the bombers claimed the CIA had advanced knowledge. The diplomat who issued the terrorists' visas was CIA. It's not unthinkable that they paved the way for the bombing, purely to justify a budget increase.
- Unfortunate Implications. The above Harsher in Hindsight entry in light of 9/11.
- Made even more unfortunate due to the fact that the planned attack in the movie may have taken place a little less than a year before 9/11 occurred... doubles as Fridge Horror.