Proof that the remaining 10% is worth catching a round from Stonehenge here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Ace Combat fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by owlbot
- Synoposis: An in-depth novelization of the penultimate mission in Ace Combat 5, "Aces", depicting what happened mere hours before Osean and Yuktobanian armed forces ceased warring with each other and allied together to face the common threat of mutual destruction to the climatic mission itself. Rather than follow the exploits of the ace squadron of the game, however, the story gives focus to the nameless NPC soldiers that made the victory possible.
- Comments: Sudentor takes the second-to-last mission (and possibly the most climatic one) in Ace Combat 5 and brings it down to a ridiculously in-depth level. Using what is almost a 24-styled pacing, the author chooses to detract from the traditional formula of following whatever ace fighter squadron the game depicts, and tells how events transpired and came to be with excruciating detail through the eyes of allied NPC soldiers heard only through radio chatter. The chapters are quite long but very well-written, and the story progresses along beautifully and realistically, but of obvious concern is the fact that it took the author two and a half years to write Chapter Two after publishing Chapter One. While Sudentor has said that Chapter Three should be the last chapter and it would be completed as soon as possible, one would worry that it may take another two years before we can see the conclusion to this in-depth novelization.
- Recommended by Gentlemens Dame 883
- Synopsis: A novelization of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War/Squadron Leader. Four years after the ISAF defeats Erusia, the legendary Mobius One disappears. A year later, the CircumPacific War starts. This time, however, Blaze hides a secret, one that threatens to be revealed as his past catches up with him.
- Recommended by Scherzo
- Synopsis: Taking place 2 years after the end of the Continental War, a young female pilot is forced to face the reality of warfare and life in general as she fights to stop a Fascist insurgency as a member of Erusea's Foreign Legion.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.