An Inconvenient Truth is a Documentary presented by former U.S. vice president Al Gore and directed by Davis Guggenheim that deals with the threat of global climate change. The title stems from a quote stating that people will not believe something, even if it is true, if their livelihoods depend on them not believing it -- used here in reference to the energy industry and other polluters. A companion book was created titled An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It.
As of 2019, An Inconvenient Truth is the eleventh-highest grossing documentary film in the United States.
- Adam Westing: Al Gore introduces himself as "the man who used to be the next President of the United States."
- Astroturf: A spoof on this film was sponsored by the DCI Group, which at the time sponsored ExxonMobil and General Motors.
- Did Not Do the Research: The "hurricane" on the movie's infamous poster is spinning backwards. They only spin clock-wise in the southern hemisphere, not the northern hemisphere.
- Hollywood Global Warming: Obviously.
- Green Aesop: The whole point.
- Off the Chart: Al Gore needed a lift to show where the CO2 graph was going.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.