Take three Australian nerds: one singer, one singer pianist, and one rapper guitarist, and you get get the three parts needed to create a force to fight against the evils of the allied forces. This trio is known as The Axis of Awesome.
Jordan, Benny, and Lee, one fat, one short, one lean, are a comedy trio with original songs, pop parodies, and hilarious live performances. Founded in 2006, they were primarily involved in improv theatre until they decided to try the same thing in music and thus the Axis was born.
- Scissors, Paper, ROCK! (2007)
- Infinity Rock Explosion! (2010)
- Animal Vehicle (2011)
- A Wild Rapper Appears: Parodied by Lee in "How to Write a Love Song".
- Affectionate Nickname: "Chicken Little" for Benny.
- Affectionate Parody: Most of their songs.
- Most notably, the official video for Four Chords parodies every single one of the music videos for the songs they do.
- Big, Thin, Short Trio
- Blatant Lies: "We've been a comedy rock sensation for forty years now."
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: This is used in their song Birdplane
I'm more than bird, I'm more than a plane
- Butt Monkey: Benny, generally.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: That was the intent with their song "The Language of Love" but Benny didn't know how to speak french, only German. Hilarity Ensues.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "Birdplane".
- The Four Chords of Pop: The entire point of one of their more well known songs "Four Chord Song", a medley of pop songs from the past 40 years that use the same progression.
- Incredibly Conspicuous Drag: One of the costume sets in "Four Chord Song".
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Their song What Would Jesus Do is dedicated to why Jesus is a bazillion jillion times more awesome than you.
- Lyric Swap: "Birdplane" for "Superman" in their parody of "Superman" called "Birdplane".
- My Friends and Zoidberg: The traditional introduction to the band
- One of Us: Jordan has the Triforce tattooed on his left shoulder and they had a whole song about how Harry Potter would fix everything.
- Self-Demonstrating Song: "How to Write a Love Song".
- Silly Love Songs: "How to Write a Love Song" parodies this.
- The Quiet One: Lee, in songs that have mostly singing parts.
- This Is a Song: "How to Write a Love Song".
- Truck Driver's Gear Change: Parodied in "How to Write a Love Song".