Dance till Tomorrow
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Dance till Tomorrow (あさってDANCE, Asatte Dansu?) is a manga series by Naoki Yamamoto that has also been adapted into two live action movies. A two-episode OAV was also released on VHS in Japan. It is a romantic comedy which details the life of Suekichi, a student who will inherit a fortune when he graduates from college and gets married with unexpected complications from a mysterious girl, Aya Hibino. The first five and a half volumes were published in the now-defunct adult manga magazine Pulp, and the rest were released afterwards under Viz's Editor's Choice line.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Tropes used in Dance till Tomorrow include:
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted
- Alcohol Is Poison
- Business as Unusual: When the Yakuza join the troupe
- But We Used a Condom: Averted, subverted and played straight.
- The Eighties
- Eighties Hair: Aya
- Fidelity Test
- The Fun in Funeral: One of the main plots starts when Suekichi gets drunk at his grandfathers funeral.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Suekichi
- I Will Wait for You: Suekichi in a gender inversion
- Love Triangle: Suekichi, Aya, and Miyuki
- Make Up or Break Up
- On One Condition: Suekichi needs to 1: Finish college, 2: Get Married, and 3: Establish a career.
- Pillow Pregnancy
- Passed Over Inheritance
- Surprise Pregnancy
- Sex Equals Love
- Unlocking the Talent: The Yakuza leader, when he joins the troupe to hide out.
- Unexpected Inheritance
- X Meets Y: Sex Comedy meets Slice of Life