It also features new scripting, including a psychic power system, a nautical navigation and combat screen, and a rudimentary version of Guitar Hero built with the conversation engine.
The plot begins with the player character and his/her two best friends, Daniel and Heather, as carefree teenagers on the island of Highcastle. Another boy from the village, Robert, manages to open up the ancient citadel that lurks beneath the surface of the island, and things start to get a little odd as the four begin to awaken past mysteries.
- Crazy Cat Lady: A younger variant than the traditional one.
- Deadpan Snarker: Daniel develops into one as a coping mechanism.
- Erotic Dream: Due to the influence of Conley's memories the player character starts having these about Heather.
- Five-Man Band: The past Gifted, with Conley as the Hero, Sheridan as the Lancer and the Big Guy, Jeffrey as the Smart Guy, and Kendra as the Smart Guy and the Chick.
- Les Yay: Some between a female player character and Heather.
- Pirates: Lots of them. You can become one if you so choose.
- Power Trio: The three main characters, of course.
- She's All Grown Up: Depending on the player character's gender, Daniel has this reaction to either Heather or the player character.
- Treasure Map: You can find some. Sometimes they even lead to useful things.