- Shren and esu. Fantastic Racism combined with I'm Having Soul Pains and Missing Parents? Pure Tear Jerker
- Rhysel trying to build a transfer point to her native world, despite knowing it won't work.
- Revenn's death and Rhysel's inability to contact him.
- We already know that Rhysel's parent hit her when she was a kid, and then in Chapter 24, they call her a freak of nature and disapprove of the same magic that we often see her using to help people.
- In Silver, chapters 12 and 13. The cured shren children who fear that they're not getting adopted, each of whom has a distinct and lovable personality, are heartbreaking enough. Then in 13, when they've chosen who to adopt and Ehail is happier than she's ever been...
"There's a couple of dragons in my office, and they want Kenar."
- ...everything gets shot to hell.
- We find out to what much extent the Mind Blast truly is once Talyn gets a way to partially treat it he never got to actually mourn Reveen
- The state of Ryganaav before Talyn helping it and even worse after it