A 1995 Western starring Rob Lowe, Bill Paxton and country star Randy Travis.
After the American Civil War, brothers Frank and Jesse James, alone with Cole, Bob and Jim Younger and Archie Clement will create a gang to help their war ravaged home, stop the railroad and do battle against the Pinkertons. To some they were heroes, while to others nothing but cold blooded murderers.
- A Father to His Men:What Jesse makes William "Bloody Bill" Anderson, out to be.
- American Civil War
- Artistic License_History: The James house was a tiny one story building, not the two-story house shown in the film.
- There exists no record of Archie Clements stuttering, he also didn't survive long after the war.
- When Jesse tried to surrender to the Union authorities, he was shot and almost died, unlike in the film where he takes the oath and goes home.
- Bury Your Disabled: Archie Samuels, Jesse's little brother.
- Disabled Snarker: A-A-Archie at times.
- Dead Little Sister: In this case a brother. Killed when the Pinkertons throw a bomb into the James's house.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Some of the gang during the Northfield robbery and escape.
- Mama Bear:You better not mess with Zerelda James's sons,husband or property.
- Railroad Baron: The man (along with Governor Crittendon), who wants the James Gang exterminated.
- Pinkerton Detective: THE Alan Pinkerton, plus Detective Whitcher and a host of nameless Mooks.
- Train Job: The gang robs their first train this way. They board and pretend to be passengers.