Kung Fu Genius
Kung Fu Genius is a 1979 Wilson Tong martial arts comedy film, starring Cliff Lok. An expert in a variety of fighting styles, Cliff Lok opens a school. He soon makes an adversary of a gym run by Chan Lung, who don't like that his school is disrupting their business. Lok also makes an enemy of brothel owner Lee Hai Sheng, who brings in a lethal fighter (Wilson Tang) to take out Lok.
Tropes used in Kung Fu Genius include:
- Bumbling Sidekick: Yung, Cliff's friend.
- Chewing the Scenery: Especially in the English dub.
- Concussions Get You High: One of Lee Hai Sheng's lackeys takes too many hits to the head in one fight, and instantly becomes a child-like Cloudcuckoolander for the rest of the movie.
- Earlier in the film, a Groin Attack has the same effect on Yung.
- Hong Kong Dub
- Improbable Weapon User: Lok beats up a gang of thugs from the rival dojo with a Chinese letter from the sign above his school.
- Later on Cliff fights a duel with a student who uses an iron hoop.
- Kung Foley
- Paper Fan of Doom: In the climactic final battle.
- Rival Dojos
- Save the Villain: Cliff saves one of Chan Lung's top students from being beaten to death by Lee Hai Sheng's men, only to leave him stuck on a stone wall for hurting Yung.
- Training Montage: The film begins with one.