Prehistorik is a 1991 Video Game by Titus Software, with a sequel Prehistorik 2 released in 1993. They are both Platform Games where you control a caveman and must kill wild animals in order to gain points and complete levels.
Yes, it sounds kind of dull but the games are a lot better than they sound.
The sequel was later remade on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and the Game Boy under the name Prehistorik Man. The former version was also re-released on the Game Boy Advance. Both Prehistorik games have been re-released by GOG.com.
- Air-Aided Acrobatics: The Windy Tree level.
- Bland-Name Product: WcDonald's fries and sodas.
- Bottomless Pits
- Cranium Ride: Turtles.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Spiders? Check. Werewolves/Bigfoot? Check. Some random moving floor taking you to your doom? Check.
- Eyes Are Unbreakable: When burned to ashes.
- Gimmick Level
- Projectile Platforms: Spears.
- Reformulated Game: Prehistorik Man is very different from Prehistorik 2, retaining only the basics of the gameplay and most of the graphics. The layout of the levels is all new and there are several characters giving advice and help; among them, an inventor providing the player several gizmos.
- Prehistorik 2 had a Level Ate that is absent from Prehistorik Man.
- Rise to the Challenge: In Prehistorik Man, the "Burning Tree" level has Sam running up a hollow tree as a blaze of fire quickly raises below him.
- Scenery Porn
- Super Drowning Skills: Lampshaded in Prehistorik Man: the death animation actually changes from "Bottomless Pits with water in it" to "drowning" after the character is told you can't breathe in water.
- Temporary Platform: Devious ones: they fall instead of disappearing, but fall faster than you, meaning it's too late to jump away, just as if they had disappeared.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: "Prehistorik".