- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: "And I have a lot of puddings, and in six to eight weeks it can be redeemed. So if you could just give me that much time, I think I can get enough mileage to go with you wherever you go if you have to travel for your work. Because I don't ever want to be anywhere without you. So could you just let me redeem the mileage?"
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "At that restaurant, I beat up the bathroom. I'm sorry."
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: The film was a massive boost for Adam Sandler's reputation. Which he then squandered when he made Anger Management...
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: The harmonium could signify many things. It could also just be a harmonium.
- The Woobie: Barry for the first two thirds of the movie. Like Lena, you want to put your arms around him and tell him that everything's going to be alright. Even if he is being played by Adam Sandler.