Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?/Trivia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Adored by the Network: ABC's version, so much so it caused a Hype Backlash.
- The Nine Network's Australian version is a more reasonable instance; it's held the same 5:00pm weekdays timeslot for the past twelve years with no breaks.
- Fan Nickname: The show's name is commonly shortened to Millionaire, including on the show itself. Meredith rarely, if ever, says the show's full title anymore.
- "Llama" was a longtime fan term for any question gotten wrong in the first five questions ($100-$1,000 under the original money ladder).
- The Pete Best: Averted. Meredith has hosted the show for 10 years versus only 3 for Regis, but a.) the show was at its most popular with Regis at the helm, and b.) both Meredith and Regis are known for more than just hosting Millionaire.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: The change to the Super Mix format seemed to be ringing of this, especially considering it followed the victory by Celador International (which created the show) over Disney to the tune of $270 Million regarding royalty fees.
- Screwed by the Network: ABC's over-milkage of the show eventually led to a drop in the show's popularity and subsequent cancellation. It still lives on in syndication, but hasn't been the same since.