A Day at Last Chance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An amateur Short Film created by the troper Series Of Numbers about several eccentric characters being interviewed at an occupational placement agency. It comes in two parts which can be viewed here and here.
Tropes used in A Day at Last Chance include:
- Aliens Are Bastards: Averted; the alien doesn't seem particularly malevolent, though little is revealed about his species.
- The Bet: Happens off-screen (see "The Voiceless" spoiler)
- The Eeyore: Lucilia Lawanawaka during her job interview, though she overcomes her depression after finding a satisfying job.
- God Save Us From the Queen: The queen is depicted as lazy and egotistical.
- Grim Reaper
- Hive Mind: The alien says he belongs to one.
- Medium Awareness: The ex-secret agent has "Secret Agent Man" playing wherever she goes and Mr. Smith asks her to make it stop for the interview.
- No Antagonist
- Rule of Funny: The intention behind a lot of the dialogue and situations.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: How Mr. Smith reacts to the characters he interviews.
- The Voiceless: The mime, though it turns out she's only silent during the interview because of a bet that she couldn't stay silent for the entire thing.