A Kiss Could Be Deadly
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Needs Wiki Magic.
A Kiss Could Be Deadly provides examples of the following tropes:
- Anti-Hero: The song "I Can Be Your Anti-Hero, Baby", natch.
- The End of the World as We Know It: "The Day Covenant Found the Earth"
- The Hero Dies: The end of "I Can Be Your Anti-Hero, Baby" in an Ironic Echo of the main chorus line.
"Even heroes have to die."
- Heroic BSOD: The girl being sung about in "The Day Covenant Found the Earth"
- Ironic Echo: The end of "I Can Be Your Anti-Hero, Baby."
- Just for Pun: The title of "I Wrote You a Love Song" is a play on Sarah Bareilles' "I'm Not Gonna Write You a Love Song", despite the song having little to do with its pun source.
- Kiss of Death
- Plot Armor: Discussed in "I Can Be Your Anti-Hero, Baby."
"Because a hero never dies!"
"Please don't call just a “small mistake”
Not that you would
You spin the truth and try to pass the blame
While it gets worse"
- Villain with Good Publicity: "Damage Control" again, though the song implies that people are seeing through the mask now that things have gotten bad enough.