Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Catwoman (comics) Fanfics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in a certain 'fic, based on who recommended it. Authors of fics are not permitted to recommend their own fics; an author shilling his own work via a recommendation he wrote himself lacks the independent point of view which gives a recommendation any value at all; it is also a level of self-promotion that we do not permit at All The Tropes.
Feel free to add a recommendation of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found below. Make sure you sign your recommendation! No-name recommendations may be deleted at other tropers' leisure. Do warn when a fanfic includes sexual situations. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business. Likewise, warn if it may head into non-canon territory.
Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
- Recommended by: Troper Name
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, Slash Fic, any Trigger Warnings, etc. This is also where you would put character names with Characterization Tags if doing so would be equally indicative. ("uber!Harry" for Harry Potter, for instance.)
- Comments: If you want to say something more about why you're recommending the fic, but please, keep it brief. We don't want Conversation in the Main Page.
Authors and Websites
- Recommended by: Looney Toons
- Synopsis: An extended Fan Verse centered around Selina Kyle, kicked off when after a Gotham tabloid publishes a series of wildly inaccurate articles about her she decides to set the record straight about herself -- by opening a one-woman show on Broadway. Somehow this inevitably leads to the promotion of her relationship with Batman from simple rooftop flirting to something serious and seemingly permanent, and her inclusion in the Bat-family without having to abandon her relationships with most of the Rogues.
- Pairing(s): Selina "Catwoman" Kyle/Bruce "Batman" Wayne; Dick Grayson/Barbara Gordon
- Comments: Chris Dee has been writing the Cat-Tales stories like clockwork since 2001, resulting in an amazingly complex alternate universe filled with crowning moments of funny, awesome and heartwarming. Dee's Selina is delightfully snarky, good at heart while not exactly concerned about laws, and sometimes is the Only Sane Woman among both the Rogues and the Bat-family. Noteworthy for just how deep Dee's portrayal of many of Batman's usual villains are, as well as the slow and cautious progression of her relationship with first Batman, and then Bruce Wayne.
Stories which primarily focus on the normal goings on of the cast.
Stories which crossover with other characters or works.
Stories whose primary focus is on romantic or sexual relationships between the cast.
- Back to Catwoman (comics)
- please note this includes all sexual activity, not just homosexual or bisexual, including het.
- Reminder - if you want to recommend the fic but not write a review, add your Troper name to this line after the original name