Discworld/The Fifth Elephant/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternate Character Interpretation: This is the book that most stresses the difficult question of whether Carrot is an honest idealist who has the laws of narrative causality in his favor, or more of a Magnificent Bastard / Manipulative Bastard with Obfuscating Stupidity. For instance, his Let's Fight Like Gentlemen approach against a werewolf rather conveniently leads to romantic rival Gavin making a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Suddenly fully invoking his charisma abilities when taking over from Colon as well.
- Fridge Horror: Vimes, watching the clacks at work, thinks that its inventors must be making money hand over fist. The poor fellows.
- Magnificent Bitch: Lady Margolotta. Serafine von Uberwald and Dee might also count to a lesser extent. Also Rhys.
- Too Cool to Live: Ah, Inigo, we hardly knew you.
- Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin... me, bitter? Naaaah...