Doctor Whooves Adventures
The Doctor falls into Equestria. Hilarity, among other things, ensues.
Another entry into the adventures of the Doctor in Equestria, Doctor Whooves Adventures is an audio series based around the ever-popular background character from the My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic series, Doctor Whooves. This time around he travels with the show's main characters, including Twilight Sparkle, and occasionally Pinkie Pie or Spike.
Based off the popular fanfiction Number 12, the series starts off with the Doctor crash landing into Twilight's library as she's out running errands. She returns to find the TARDIS burned into the basement and the Doctor beginning his twelfth incarnation. Though as it turns out...he may not have come alone.
The series has had two episodes and several 'Short' adventures all available on youtube. (There are also a few non-canon "extra" videos, such as when the Doctor answers fan mail.) The series takes a noticeably darker tone than its sister show Doctor Whooves and Assistant with a slightly more "Doctor Who-esqe" bent to the adventures. It is also notable in that it takes a page out of the classic Doctor Who radio plays, and actually airs, on Celestia Radio.
Episodes and shorts so far:
- Number 12 (Part One): Twilight Sparkle finds a strange blue box has crashed into her library, with a strange earth pony inside. But he didn't come alone...
- Number 12 (Part Two): The second part of the pilot, in which Twilight is kidnapped by creatures that can never, ever die... The first two "Pilot" episodes are based on the original fan fiction, and new content will start with episode three.
- Fashionably Late: The Doctor bumps into Rarity. Hilarity Ensues.
- Partners in Crime: Twilight's first time offworld... is to visit an intergalactic prison.
- Crossed Wires: An On A Cross And Arrow inspired story where an accident with the TARDIS causes the appearance of some unusual ponies.
- Express Delivery (Which is TOTALLY serious)
- Goodnight Goodnight: The Doctor rescues a filly from a robot.
- He's the Doctor: Jam Jar recites famous Doctor speeches.
- She's the Professor: The female version of the Doctor speaks
- Q&A 1-3: The Doctor and Twilight answer some fan mail.
- No Business like Show Business: The Doctor and Twilight sing the song of the same name.
Their main blog can be found here and their tumblr (which includes comics and other side projects) can be found here.
- Badass Boast: "No matter where you go, no matter what you're planning, I will find you. And then you'll wish the Abstract Plane had turned you into a pebble."
- Baleful Polymorph: The Doctor tends to stray towards this, constantly wondering about the oddities of the world he's found himself in.
Doctor: "It could mean bad things for...whatever this place is called."
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: At the end of every episode and short the characters suddenly become aware they're in a radio drama, reading the credits in character, and even going so far as to point out how well their voice actors did and say hello to the audience.
Doctor: "This has been a Pony in a Box producti-"
- Played with in Express Delivery when the Doctor stops reading the script and is cut off by a censor.
- Catch Phrase:
Doctor: "Onwards and Upwards!"
- Crossover: with Doctor Whooves and Assistant in this non-canon comic from the Tumbler.
- Another crossover with it happened here, where the "Assistant," Doctor received an audio message from the "Adventures" doctor.
- The premise of the whole story is The Doctor traveling with Twilight Sparkle.
- Deadpan Snarker: Twilight Sparkle, she tends to be very short with the Doctor at first, though she warms up later.
- Did Not Do the Research: Averted. In the second episode, The Doctor uses his Sonic Screwdriver on wood to trap a Weeping Pegasus. While this does seem to contradict "Silence In The Library," where it's stated that the screwdriver "Doesn't Do Wood," the Doctor justifies it by acknowledging that this is a magical world, and everything is magical... so he just asked the wood to do it with the screwdriver and it complied.
- Improbable Weapon User: Pinkie Pie, a Battleaxe might not seem improbable, but it's certainly a bit off kilter for ponies and oddly effective on Weeping Pegasi
- Never Split the Party: The Doctor, Pinkie, Spike, and Twilight try to do this... but Doc's screwing up of Twilight's name sends her off in a huff getting her captured by the Weeping Pegasi.
- Rule 63: The entire premise of the Crossed Wires short. Featuring such well-known names as The Professor, Dusk Shine, and Berry Bubble.
- Running Gag: The Doctor throughout the first episode can't seem to get Twilight Sparkle's name right.
Doctor: "It's nice to meet you Midnight Twinkle"
- Played with here.
- Talking to Himself: Or in this case Herself, Lauren Goodnight features as the voice of Rarity and Twilight Sparkle in first episode, and Twilight and the Professor in Crossed Wires.
- Trapped in the Past: Nightshift, much to his benefit actually.
- You Will Be Beethoven: Also Nightshift to a degree. He was sent back in time to become a weather pioneer who already existed in the timeline.