Dustpit Follies is webcomic about three friends, Francis, Jeff, and Joe, and what they do in the patio they rent out. Most strips end in a joke, but there are a few ongoing story lines.
Tropes used in Dustpit Follies include:
- Atlantis- Fran's harddrive is Atlantean, which he bought from a flea market for 10 bucks. It's actually an Atlantean escape pod
- Author Appeal- A few of the comics are pretty much just endorsements for US Congressman and former presidential candidate Ron Paul.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and Yeti- Bigfoot shows up as the punchline in one comic.
- Christmas Episode- It takes a break from the main plot to do a new version of Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Cranky Landlord- When the rent's due he'll hound you till you pay, even if that means breaking a hole in the roof to drop in.
- I Know Mortal Kombat- His vast experience playing video games makes Francis an excellent gunner on an alien spaceship. It also helped him learn to pilot the ship, though poorly.
- Orphaned Series- The author hasn't updated it since March 2010.
- Take That
Joe It won't do anything I want it to do. I must have a virus or something.