Proof that the remaining 10% is worth undying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Hellsing fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation In The Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Fairness is for the Weak by cheetorion24
- Recommended by: Reimalkav
- Reimalkav's Synopsis: Seras doesn't believe in killing innocent creatures, even if they're vampires. That's how she befriends John, a vampire refugee just trying to survive his unlife. But when Alucard becomes suspicious of her, she and John may find themselves in deep trouble
- Comments: Even if its just started out, this is a very good written fanfic. John is very different from your typical Oc caracter, which is refreshing he is not a powerful vampire who falls in love with one of the main caracters he, is just vampire trying to survive in a world where kind is always being killed by hellsing. I also like how his relationship with seras is shown, its more of a friendship than a romantic one. And there is this certain tension between Seras And Alucard since she is trying to keep anyone from knowing the existence of John.
- Recommended by: Gemmifer
- Woof's Synopsis: For every tale a beginning. Ten years after a fateful cold November evening in Transylvania, Abraham Van Helsing copes with the dangerous prisoner in his basement...
- Comments: Staying true to both Bram Stoker's characterizations and Kouta Hirano's, the fic is in turn creepy, dramatic and even funny as we follow clever, stoic Van Helsing's duels-of-will with the quirky horror that is Alucard. The fic is abandoned but coincidentally at a point that can be read as an ending.
Hellsing: Section Eight by Nightsmoke
- Recommended by: TheDopplerEffect
- Nightsmoke's synopsis: It didn't take Islands long to realize that Arthur had gone insane. Pre-Dawn and Dawn era.
- Comments: A very short, but remarkably in-depth story that gives a staggering amount of dimension to Arthur, Islands, and Penwood in their younger years. Especially notable for making Alucard into The Ghost, and, consequently, considerably more terrifying than he ever was previously.
Walpurgisnacht Eternal by PenNameSmith
- Recommended by: TheDopplerEffect
- PenNameSmith's synopsis: A tale of Hellsing's missing 30 years, as our heroes are beset by Undead Monsters, Mysterious Conspirators, and, um... Gonzo Journalism? And just what does "der schlanke Mann" have to do with all of this?
I, Alucard by Degan
- Recommended by: Muzozavr
- Degan's Synopsis: Reflections from Alucard's POV during various times in his life. Spoilers from other fics and the Anime/Manga later on. R&R please. Disclaimer: yada yada, Hellsing, Alucard, yada.
- Comments: Scenes from both the TV series and manga plus some additional ones from the viewpoint of Alucard. It is a great in-depth look at most of the Hellsing characters. Unfortunately, the fic is not finished and hasn't had an update for years.
Hellsing Ultimate: The Millennium Campaign by OKH Halder
- Recommended by: Sweece
- Synopsis: A description of the events before and during the Hellsing series exclusively from the perspective of members of the Millenium Organization.
- Comments: A rather unique and well penned take on the mindset of various members of Millenium, though largely told from the point of view of an OC officer.
- Recommended by: somebody on TV Tropes, who made a work page for it
Silver Bullets by Ellen Stolfa
- Recommended by: fas.
- Ellen's Synopsis: Gargoyles/Hellsing crossover. Vampires turn up in Manhattan, and prove to be more than even the gargoyles can handle. Reinforcements arrive—and the Wyvern clan and their allies find themselves wondering which is worse, the disease or the cure. Rated a strong R for profanity, sexual situations, and—as those familiar with the Hellsing manga/anime might expect—violence.
- Pairing(s): Goliath/Elisa, Alucard/Integra.
The Variant and The Vampire by Largo
- Recommended by: Tikigod784
- Largo's Synopsis: Hellsing/Xombie Crossover. Revised. In a zombie infested world, Seras finds a young girl washed up on the beach and soon meets a very strnge creature in her attempt to return her home.
- Comments: Having not read Xombie initially, I was unaware if this followed the original Xombie storyline or if it had its' own storyline leading up to it. This is actually a bonus, since the xombie characters that show up are quite a surprise this way. Regardless, it's a story about a vampire and her friends fighting zombies. What more do you need? Well written dialogue, appropriate pacing, and deep as well as canon characterization.
- Apparently there was a sequel in the works, but Largo's work on other stuff brings this into question.
Discipline and the muli-chaptered sequel that actually has a plot Psalms For The Fallen, by manic-intent
- Recommended by: Monkeypizzasonic
- Pairing: Alucard/Anderson
- Synopsis: Alucard accidentally turns Anderson, and now must discipline his new pet. Elsewere, an ancient vampire has awakened, and plots are set in motion by the Vatican and it's associates.
- Comments: The begining makes it sound like a cliched "big powerful seme breaks stubborn uke to his will" fic. It's a lot more complicated than that; especially once the plot gets going this fic drags you in and doesn't let go. The character's motivations and emotions are fleshed out and complex, everyone is manipulating everyone else, and the ending will leave you breathless. If you don't mind the occasional NC-17 slashy sex scene, this fic needs to be read.