Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
Tony and Pepper A web site dedicated to all things Pepperony.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Books and Backchat by A Wandering Minstrel
- Recc'd by peppermintflame
- Synopsis: Pepper and Tony discuss literature. Sort of.
- Comments: Another short fic from WM, but again, fun.
Hazard Pay by Perri Smith
- Recommended by Tabby, seconded by Jonn
- Synopsis: Pepper is trapped when danger hits closer to home than anyone predicted.
- Comments: This is some of the best action writing I've read in a long while. Well-paced and exciting and always easy to follow, and everyone gets their turn to shine.
Almost No One Makes It Out by atra
- Recommended by Lavanya Six, Jonn
- Synopsis: What would have happened if Tony hadn't been born filthy rich? A military AU.
- Comments: Solid fic. In a world where Tony was born in the gutter and not with a silver spoon in his mouth, Reality Ensues after his Afghanistan adventure when he doesn't have money and influence to protect himself. The altered character dynamics, especially between Rodney and Tony, are a big draw. The author's writing style sucks you into Tony's head.
The Legend of El Diablo by CSI Clue
- Recommended by: Lady Nomad
- Synopsis: Tony discovers the joys of yard sales and ended up setting off a huge chain of events.
- Comments: This is a very funny fic. The characters are spot on and have some weird things that are explainable. There is also a sentient car and kittens in it. There is a good dose of Pepperony in it too.
- Recommended by: Lady Nomad
- Synopsis: Basically, Tony and Pepper go to Target.
- Comments: It is hilarious when Tony discovered the wonders of Target after a slight malfunction in his thrusters. Pepper having to handle him. It does have some touching stuff at the end.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Your Fixed Point by quigonejinn
- Recc'd by Joysweeper, seconded by Lavanya Six
- Synopsis: Identity is not a fixed point. Say Tony Stark is a woman does not like it when her name is spelled with a "i" or when she is called "Antonia" or anything but who she is. And has the same personality and everything. How does this make things look different?
- Comments: It's bits of vignette examining how a female Tony seems different in the role, and also memories of things like Tony and Rhodey in college, not a rewrite of the story. This ships Tony / Anything That Moves and is rated, hmm, let's go R. Tony's still Tony, with maybe less emphasis on alcohol and more on sex, though there's hinting that male Tony is also bi. There is a link in the first part to the second.
- Lavanya Six: By far the best genderswap fic I've ever read. It examines Tony Stark's life as it would be if he had been born a woman, instead of treating her as "Tony Stark with boobs" like most genderswaps would.
An Uncanny Likeness by outtabreath
- Recommended by Lady Nomad, Marlee Cross
- Synopsis: Pepper has her very own action figure and Tony can't keep his hands off of it.
- Comments: It is a very cute story that shows how much Pepper wanted Tony but kept on denying it. The image of Tony with a Pepper action figure is just adorable and makes you want Mattel to make a Pepper action figure.
- Now, it has a version with pictures.
- Recommended by Zephyr77
- Pairing: Tony/Pepper
- Synopsis: 4 times Tony Stark tried to convince Pepper to date him, and the one time he succeeded.
- Comments: This delightful little piece had the right amount of humour and fluff to power a small town. The characterizations and playful relationship of Tony and Pepper are spot on and just so cute that you would already think they are dating.
- Recommended by Axidental Quark
- Pairing: Steve/Tony
- Synopsis: Doom brings Cap back from the dead, whereupon he has to deal with Doombots, Red Skull, the Mandarin, Registration, a bunch of bickering superheroes, and Tony's apparent nervous breakdown.
- Comments: This is probably the seminal Steve/Tony fic. Just about the first in fandom, one of the fandom's only real epics, and just generally one of the best Steve/Tony's out there. It deals with the fall-out from Civil War quite well; it doesn't allow anyone any easy outs, and yet you come out of it feeling like you understand and empathize with everyone more. It's got a very nice cast of supporting characters, who manage to share the stage with Cap and Tony without stealing the limelight from the main story. It's also long enough that there is a definite, substantial plot in there - as well as some adorable Steve/Tony bits. A bit comics!canon heavy - maybe not for fans just coming in from the movies, though if you keep a wikipedia tab open at the same time/have a rough grounding in the story, it should be easy enough.