Yo, All The Tropes! I'm real happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but I just wanted to--
Please add entries in the following format:
- Meme name: description of meme and how it's used.
- Source of meme and fandom it relates to.
- Famous instances (such as the Rick Roll during the Thanksgiving parade).
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- Interrupting Kanye: Used to interrupt something, typically another meme, in the form "Yo, [X], I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but [Y] had one of the best [Z] of all time!"
- Original source was West's interruption of Taylor Swift's speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards; she had just won "Best Female Video", and West claimed that Beyonce had one of the best music videos of all time. Overnight, this was all over the internet, thanks to Twitter. Beyonce went on to win Best Video, and allowed Swift to return to the stage and finish her speech.
- Most famous instance: The original (Kanye enters at 0:26). The meme is literally his entire interruption.
- The verse "where the fuck is Kanye when you need him?" was used in the Eminem song No Love along with "bitch, imma let you finish".
- "George Bush does not care about Black people!" - "George Bush" and "Black" are often replaced by other words.
- Original source was a celebrity telethon to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- So great was this comment that George W Bush describe it as being the worst moment in his presidency. No seriously!
- Kanye's tweets have been a great outlet for memes, one being matching his tweets with New Yorker cartoons.
"Liz Lemon, I'm reaaaally sorry that I messed up your Twitter stream. Just so excited about Runaway! And beautiful people! I am better now."
- Source: The site is similar to http://isitchristmas.com, with the addition of an Interrupting Kanye meme (see above).
- Kanye complaining in all caps: Several quotes from his blog in which he ranted in all caps, including "AT THAT POINT WE’RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE GREAT!"
- With the release of his newest album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, a whole miniature subculture of memes have grown based around the 35 minute movie Runaway, the interchangeable album covers, and lyrics.
- PUT THE PUSSY IN A SARCOPHAGUS
- FUKKIN' REEDIKULOUS
- NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL DAT POWAH
- YEEZY TAUGHT ME
- MY DICK THANKS YOU
- YOU AIN'T GOT NO YEEZY NIGGA??!!
- TOO MANY URKELS ON YOUR TEAM, THAT'S WHY YOU'RE WINSLOW!!
- 10/10 lyrics AOTYAY
- Kanye's elementary school picture has become the latest meme and has been coupled to make childish takes on some of his lyrics
- His lyrics have also been paired with screencaps from Saved by the Bell.
- Kanye Memes entered a new age with Watch the Throne, especially "Niggas in Paris". DAT SHIT CRAY.
- WHAT SHE ORDER? FISH FILET?!
- ...get married at the MAAAAAAAAAALL...
- Going back to "Flour", a new era of lyric changes were made to be about "SNACKS ON SNACKS ON SNACKS".
- After Ye's endorsement of Donald Trump on Twitter and stating that the two are "dragon energy", memes quickly developed
- "Thank you Kanye, very cool!" became a quotable, childlike complement in meme culture