Basic Trope: A Big Bad who doesn't fight.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz doesn't want to get his hands dirty, so he sends Alice McMalice and his minions to fight the heroes.
- Exaggerated: Evulz has Alice who is a Physical God, and tons of minions. When fought he lasts one second.
- Justified: Evulz doesn't fight because he's too busy running his empire or organization; he literally doesn't have time or incentive for it.
- Averted: While Evulz may have villains, he's willing to make his hands dirty. And he's a decent fighter.
- Inverted: Evulz is much more dangerous than any of his henchmen, and regularly fights and defeats his enemies.
- Subverted: Evulz doesn't fight and gives no indication of being capable of it, but when confronted directly he turns out to be very powerful.
- Double Subverted: ... but then it turns out this is only because he's wearing Powered Armor, drawing on an Artifact of Doom, or similar, and when it's destroyed or taken away, he's helpless again.