< Oh Crap
- A recent Geico commercial has the gecko and an executive talking about the trust that Geico represents. The executive proposes one of those corporate trust-building exercises, in which he will fall backwards and the gecko will catch him. The gecko, being about 8 inches high, attempts to talk him down to no avail. The last shot is the gecko, as the executive begins to lean back, looking up: "oh dear ..."
- Another commercial where the Gecko is eating a bag of chips. the CEO commented he wanted to show him the first dollar he ever made. Cue the look on the gecko's face when he realized the dollar he used to buy the chips was said dollar.
- A Dutch insurance company has a long line of TV ads with the slogan "Even Apeldoorn bellen" (translated to "Just call us") after someone has realized he has a problem (or in some cases, when only the viewer has realized it). Some of these ads require knowledge of Dutch language or culture, but some don't. While it's doubtfull any insurance could help those people out of it, they do tend to make a wonderfull Crowning Moment of Funny.
- The commercials for Raid pest killers have been doing this for years, with whatever Talking Pest in the commercial shouting "RAAAAAAAAAAID!" before dying.
- The GameStop bunny has one of these.
- The chocolate chip cookie commercial where a human-sized cookie is at a little girl's birthday, having fun with the kids, but then asks:
Cookie: Where's the cake?
Birthday girl: Oh, we're not eating cake...
Cookie: ... Oh.
- An Energizer commercial featuring Dracula resulted in the Count invoke this trope in a rather Deadpan Snarker fashion after locking himself out of his castle...at daybreak.
Dracula: Oh, great. *POOF*
- Never Say No to Panda: The reaction of the people when they see the Panda.