- Award Snub: Inverted; George C. Scott infamously snubbed his own Academy Award for this film, calling the competition between actors a "meat parade."
- Crowning Music of Awesome: BAHDUHDUH-DahDuhDuh-dahduhduh-dahduhduh...
- Foe Yay: The German analyst Steiger has this toward Patton. He's the only one to genuinely sympathize with the son of a bitch.
- Magnificent Bastard: Trope Namer in reference to his Worthy Opponent, Erwin Rommel:
Patton: Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!
- Memetic Mutation: Patton's "You Magnificent Bastard, I read your book!" spawned a new phrase which, among other things, named a trope.
- The scene of Patton before a huge American flag giving the world's most famous pep talk has been homaged and parodied in other films.
- Misaimed Fandom: The film was a favorite of Richard Nixon's, who watched it shortly before ordering an invasion of Cambodia. To put this into perspective for non-American audiences, Cambodia was not the enemy the USA wanted to defeat, and some historians blame this decision for America's defeat. In other words, it was like if Patton decided to attack Spain while on war with Germany.