This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Webkinz are toy stuffed animals that were originally released by the Canadian Ganz company on April 29, 2005. The toys are similar to many other small plush toys, however, each Webkinz toy has an attached tag with a unique "Secret Code" printed on it that allows access to the "Webkinz World" website. On Webkinz World, the Secret Code allows the user to own a virtual version of the pet for online play for a limited time (one year). Lil' Kinz are smaller, less expensive versions of Webkinz, while the Signature collection are larger and slightly more expensive. Sales of plush Webkinz toys are limited to the United States and Canada, but international users can buy virtual pets from the online eStore.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Well, DUH!
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal
- Periphery Demographic: A lot of the current fanbase started adopting pets as children, and continued it into teenagerhood. Parents have also taken to the game as well.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Many, I repeat many people give their pets made up/misspelled names.
- Ridiculously Cute Critters
- Video Game Caring Potential
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Neglecting your pet or feeding it gunk/gak/blech/a food it doesn't like. That's about it.