Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Death tries drinking to forget. Emphasis here on "tries". "The only thing I seem to have forgotten is how to get drunk."
- And then, when he's given up trying, he stands and commits a most awesome Non Sequitur Thud.
- The Hurricane of Puns throughout the book. "Mission from Glod", indeed!
- "Are you boys from the Watch?" - "No, ma'am, we're musicians."
- The Paper-Thin Disguise worthy of Metal Gear Solid: "We're a piano."
- Susan's swing.
- Seems perfectly logical to me.
- FIVE THOUSAND D--mmfmmf
- "If this kept up, in several billion years he'd be richer than his wildest dreams!"
- Also the exchange between Colon and Nobby after Death passes by.
Colon: Would you recognise him if you saw him again?
Nobby: If I didn't, it would have to one hell of an identity parade!
- "Really, bony knees?"
- Death's Non Sequitur Thud is in some ways even better in the animated miniseries. Because it's Christopher Lee's voice saying that.
- In the animated film of Soul Music, the funniest line is, amazingly, not from the book. Imp offends the locals in a town that's known for its cheeses by declaring, in just the right kind of accent, that:
"We're more popular than cheeses."
- Glod's final lament: "Trust my luck to die -- just as I get rich!"