Dragon Quest X
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Dragon Quest X: Waking of the Five Tribes (approximate translation) is an MMORPG and the tenth installment of the Dragon Quest series, first released for the Wii and Wii U. The game takes place in the world of Astordia, which is the home of five different races of people.
The game features Character Customization and Vocations, similar to Dragon Quest IX. Once you've created your character, you can send them to meet the characters of other players. You can form a party of up to four characters, who can then go together on adventures. One major thing about this game that makes it unique from the others in the series is that the multiplayer is handled online.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.
- An Adventurer Is You: All of the player characters can choose a job class, which can be changed at a later time.
- Character Customization
- Endangered Species: According to a magazine scan, Humans.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: The Elves have a very Medieval Japanese architecture, Wedi buildings seem to be influenced by Polynesians, and the Dwarven cities all have a Mayincatec style.
- Five Races: They're in the title, though materials have clarified that it's five nonhuman races. Humans are in the game, but have a special role in it and might not even be playable.
- A Homeowner Is You: Complete with...
- Item Crafting: There's even a "Renown system", where your status goes up the more people use the equipment you made.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Averted big-time. These dwarves are nothing like the normal bearded Scottish type, instead taking cues from Mayincatec designs. They're also green-skinned and without facial hair (still short, though).