"Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposesBunnies! Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies!"
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
And what's with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?!
—Anya, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More with Feeling"
This index is for tropes related to rabbit and hares. While rabbits and hares are different animals in Real Life, in fiction they are often treated similarly, and are sometimes regarded as one and the same.
Specific examples from works should be listed on the respective trope page. See The Other Wiki for a list of fictional rabbits and hares and The House Rabbit Society for another list of fictional and real famous rabbits. See also Fearsome Critters of American Folklore for jackalopes.
- Eastern Zodiac: Rabbits are one of the animals of the Eastern Zodiac.
- Explosive Breeder: Rabbits reproduce at a fast rate, and rabbit characters often have a large number of siblings and offspring. More risque depictions may also show them as a Loveable Sex Maniac.
- Good with Numbers: Because of their high fertility rates, rabbits are sometimes depicted as being good at mathematical multiplication and/or the Fibonacci sequence.
- Herbivores Are Friendly: Rabbits tend to be depicted as friendly, nice or good.
- Improbable Species Compatibility: Rabbits and hares have bred and interbred so much in fiction that they've more or less become one species.