Good Is Dumb
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A common recurring thread in fiction is the idea that the hero, for various reasons, will engage in stupid actions largely because it is the "heroic", sometimes idealistic thing to do. This index catalogues the tropes that manifest this phenomenon.
- Brains Evil, Brawn Good
- Did You Actually Believe?
- Failure Hero
- False Innocence Trick
- Hero Ball
- Honor Before Reason
- Idiot Hero
- I Lied
- The Last Horse Crosses the Finish Line
- Love Freak (in that cynical writers will portray him as naive)
- The Messiah (in that cynical writers will portray him as naive)
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero
- Political Correctness Gone Mad
- Redemption Demotion (as some villains inexplicably become weaker and/or stupider when they make a Heel Face Turn. Used to go by this name before the name change.)
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids (when one characters calls another out on this)
- Stupid Good
- Unhand Them, Villain!
- You Said You Would Let Them Go