Jungle Hunt is a Side View Arcade Game released by Taito in 1982, and ported to many consoles and computers. It started as a Tarzan game, but a lawsuit from the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs led to some changes.
You play a guy in a safari outfit (a Captain Ersatz of Tarzan) who has to save his girlfriend from cannibals. You journey through four stages. In the first stage, you swing from tree to tree on vines (called "ropes" after the lawsuit). In the second stage, you swim past crocodiles, stabbing them if you want to for extra points. In the third stage, you run uphill while dodging boulders. In the fourth stage, you jump over the cannibals to rescue the girl.
In Brazil, it was released with the original Tarzan graphics and sampled yell.
- Attract Mode
- Auto-Scrolling Level: Stage two.
- Boss Room: Stage four.
- Captain Ersatz
- Death Is a Slap on The Wrist
- Endless Game: A Smooch of Victory, then off you go again.
- Game Levels: Four.
- The Golden Age of Video Games
- Instant 180-Degree Turn
- Jump Physics: Your man can jump twice his height.
- Jungle Japes
- New Game+: After you win once, new enemies appear: Baboons on the ropes, and a third native throwing spears at you.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder
- Oxygen Meter: In the river.
- Puzzle Boss: The cannibals.
- Ratchet Scrolling: Stages one and four.
- Save the Princess
- Scoring Points
- Side View
- Smooch of Victory
- Timed Mission