24-Hour Armor/Playing With
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic Trope: A character wears armor everyday.
- Straight: Alice almost never takes off her armor.
- Exaggerated: Alice never takes off her armor at all, not even when washing, eating, or having sex.
- Downplayed: Alice wears her armour as a default outfit, but generally takes it off if wearing it would be really ridiculous.
- Justified: Alice buys a suit of armour from a blacksmith she doesn't recognise as the son of a witch she once killed. He curses her to wear the armour forever.
- Alice lives in a world where ambushes and environmental hazards are a constant threat.
- Inverted: Full-Frontal Assault
- Subverted: All of Alice's screentime is in armor... until she appears at a dinner in her honor, to which she wears a formal dress.
- Double Subverted: ...Of chain mail.
- Or she performs an Action Dress Rip to reveal she has chainmail on underneath the dress.
- Or an assassin sees his chance to kill her and finds out to his cost she's wearing hidden body armor.
- Parodied: Alice is really attached to her armor, so she will not take it off even when the rules say she must.
- Deconstructed: Alice is wearing the armour out of rampant paranoia after her lover Bob was stabbed in the back when he was off guard. The poor hygiene and strain from wearing heavy armor constantly starts to take its toll on Alice's health, affecting her ability to fight.
- Reconstructed: ...So she swaps her armor out for a magical suit of armor that's lighter and cleans itself (and her) automatically.
- She has multiple suits of armour and her squires are trained to reequip her so fast it would make a Formula 1 pit crew blush.
- Zig Zagged: Alice wears armour at all sorts of inappropriate occasions, doesn't wear it at others, and sometimes doesn't even wear it in battle.
- Averted: Alice only wears armor when in battle or expecting combat.
- Enforced: The Coconut Effect + Ermine Cape Effect = viewers would find it weird to see King Arthur wearing anything but armour and a crown.
- Lampshaded: "Don't you ever take that off?"
- Invoked: To emphasize their status as Elite Mooks, the Praetorian Guard are under strict orders to never be seen in public without their signature armour.
- Defied: Alice is well aware of how uncomfortable wearing armor all the time is, and tries to wear it as little as possible.
- Discussed: "I've never seen Alice off-duty before. I wonder if she'll still be wearing that bloody suit of armour?"
- Conversed: "How can they wear full plate all the time?"
Back to 24-Hour Armor.