A Muppet Family Christmas/Headscratchers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Sesame Street gang, once settled in the house, decide to practice their Christmas pageant, a presentation of Twas the Night Before Christmas. Considering that the show takes place on Christmas Eve, it's unclear when they're planning to hold the actual performance.
- Fozzie's mom is friends with Statler and Waldorf, who visit her every Christmas. But...wasn't she on her way out the door to spend Christmas at the beach when the show started? S&W clearly didn't come with the rest of the Muppets, Fozzie is shocked when they turn up. How did they get there? And why? Did Mrs. Bear call them up at some point and tell them that her vacation was off?
- Clearly the universe hates Fozzie's comedy so much that Statler and Waldorf will just materialize when necessary to take him down a peg. On a related note, how did Jim Henson get there?
- Because in the Muppet universe, Jim Henson is GOD.
- Pretty sure that they were visiting a couple of days before she left. And they were probably about to leave when she was about to but then the Muppets show up.
- The turkey was trying to talk the Chef out of cooking it by trying to frame good, innocent Big Bird! Once the Chef saw what a good-hearted person he is and how it would be so wrong to hurt him...why didn't he go back out and try to find the turkey?! The turkey is obviously a very evil thing for trying to kill someone else, why should he be allowed to live? Go get it! Who wants shredded wheat for Christmas Eve anyway?
- Thank goodness, I thought I was the only who didn't like the Turkey. Scoffing at Gonzo's warning only to hit on his girl Camilla was one thing, but he practically sold out a child (Big Bird is six years old) to save his ass puts him across the Moral Event Horizon for me. The fact his puppet was recycled in The Muppet Christmas Carol as a turkey being sold to a Frackle does give me a sense of universal karma.