Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog/Trivia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Executive Meddling: Sonic Christmas Blast was originally intended to be titled An X-Tremely Sonic Christmas as a tie-in with the game Sonic Xtreme, but the game's cancellation forced it to be titled for Sonic 3-D Blast instead.
- Dr. Robotnik was originally conceived as television's sexiest fat man. The animators weren't up to the challenge, but it didn't stop them from slipping in a lot of Shirtless Scenes and scenes that draw too much attention on Robotnik's rear end (and, of course, the completely unnecessary bikini pic from "Hero of the Year.")
- Fake American: Everyone in the show except Sonic and Tails has a Canadian or British voice actor.
- Hey, It's That Sound: The episode "Grounder The Genius" features two of the actual sound effects from the Sonic games in one part of one scene; specifically, the "jump" and "ring" sound effects.
- One episode has Mario sound effects when Robotnik pushes a few buttons. This could be due to the fact that DIC also made the Mario cartoons.
- The Mario sound effects later appear in "Attack of the Pinball Fortress".
- The "derez" sound effect from Tron can be heard in "Robitnik's Rival".
- The "spider" sound effect from Centipede can be heard in "Coachnik".
- Hey, It's That Voice!: If you grew up in the 1990s with "TGIF" night on ABC, you will recognize the voice of Sonic as Steve Urkel. Older viewers -- particularly the parents of the viewing demographic -- will recognize the voice of Dr Robotnik as the late singer Long John Baldry who was also the voice of Captain Capacitor, the Crimson Binome.
- In season 1 Hack and Slash were played by Phil Hayes and Gary Chalk just like Scratch and Grounder. Both were duos of inept villainous robot henchmen.
- Coconuts was Ian James Corlett, who was Dr. Wily in Captain N the Game Master, and the main character in the Mega Man Ruby-Spears cartoon and the Ocean dub's version of Goku in Dragon Ball Z.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Robotnik sings much worse than his voice actor, Long John Baldry.
- Playing Against Type: Coconuts' voice actor Ian James Corlett is also the voice of Mega Man in the Ruby-Spears cartoon.
- Back to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog