This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Tropes used in Batman: Vengeance include:
- Big Bad: The Joker
- The Chessmaster: The Joker manages to play the rest of the villains, and even Batman like a finely-tuned Stradivarius.
- Clear My Name
- Continuity Nod: The Joker provides one while clinging to a ledge.
Joker: Seems like old times, eh, Bats? You, me, a vat of chemicals?
- Disney Villain Death : Averted. It is revealed that Joker has faked his death.
- Drop the Hammer: Harley's specialty.
- Evil Gloating: The Jokertakes time to smugly monologue to Batman about his master plan near the end of the game.
- Harmless Freezing: Practiced by Mr. Freeze. Taken to the extreme when Batman must rescue Freeze's flash-frozen victims by punching them until the ice breaks.
- Joker Immunity
- Manipulative Bastard: Joker, considering the fact that Batman is manipulated into furthering his plan.
- Mission Control: Batgirl.
- Non-Lethal KO: Being that Batman never uses deadly force, he must either cuff or tie up defeated enemies, lest they get back up and attack him again.
- Punch Clock Villain: The Joker's henchmen, who complain in an early cutscene about their low salaries, considering they are expected to be fighting Batman.
Thug: I mean, when we was working for The Penguin, we was gettin' benefits and a 401k."
- Save the Villain: The final battle involves Batman and the Joker in free fall as the Joker throws everything he has to prevent Batman from saving him. Death is not a substitute for justice.
- Shock and Awe: Electric Batarangs. They're a One-Hit Kill against Poison Ivy's, ah, hench-plants.
- Shout-Out: The Joker tells Batman that Prometheum and Joker Toxin are "two great deaths that kill great together," a nod to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.