Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a 2010 Destructoid interview, Daisuke Amaya said he was happy with question from fans about a sequel, but he also said creating a game that surpasses Cave Story may be impossible, with the slow progress of his RPG project.
- Cut Song:
- "Wind Fortress", "People of the Root", "Plant (B)" and "Pier Walk". There are also beta versions of at least 10 songs.
- There's also the midi versions [dead link] of all the songs in the Wii version. YMMV on whether they sound better than the final instrumented versions, but according to the composer for the remixes, the final versions sound little like he intended. Also includes some tracks that didn't make it to the final version, such as a version of "Plantation" that uses the main theme in a style more similar to "Plant".
- In later rereleases, Wind Fortress has been readded as a new Challenge area. It's harder than the Sacred Grounds.
- Development Gag: In the Wiiware version's Halloween Mode, the zombie sprite of the protagonist looks a lot like the blue-outfitted sprite from the Beta version of the game.
- No Export for You: The Wii Ware version of the game has yet to see a release in Japan, which is ironic since that's where the game was made. However, it has seen a European release.
- Shrug of God: "How much of this world have you created that we don't see in the game? ...What is Balrog, exactly?" "Nothing of that world exists beyond what you see in the game, as I don't have the skills to construct anything further. I leave the details of Cave Story's world to the player's imagination." According to this video, Balrog is a bar of soap twisted beyond recognition.