Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Disgaea Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Hope by Pureauthor
- Recommended by Arc Varanus
- Synopsis: Disgaea 3. One day after the fighting, an unlikely hero shares a quiet moment with a weary wanderer.
- Comments: A short but sweet tale where Asagi relearns what it means to hope. Well characterized and thoughtful. Plus, it's always nice to see Asagi getting the attention she deserves.
- Recommended by The Great Pie
- Synopsis: Following the Downer Ending of Disgaea2, this details the adventures of some generic and canon characters. Okay, that's not even half of it. The premise involves True Zenon!Adell killing off swarms of Overlords (presumably including Laharl and Etna) and BAAL raising a Badass Army of his own clones.
- Recommended by Cheese Pie
- Synopsis: As the new Overlord of Evil Academy, Almaz needs to get back the trust of his friends and learn how to be a true ruler of the Netherworld. Unfortunately, he’s got a lot to learn and no time to learn it in, because a mysterious and powerful new foe has just breezed into town with dark designs for the academy and ambitions that span the multiverse...
- Comments: It's pretty cool to see the alternate endings get stories that expand upon them. In this particular case Almaz is trying to bring order to the chaos surrounding him, while Mao is trying to find a way to best Almaz in a way that would make his father proud. And it just wouldn't be Disgaea without a Big Bad waiting in the wings. Definitely a must read.
Disgaea: Main Characters Are Allergic, by Level 9999.
- Recommended by Rague
- Synopsis: Laharl has died. That's the way this story begins. But who does the killing? None other than a common Level 99 average joe. And what happens? He gets a freaking PROMOTION and all the responsibilities of an Overlord and a Main Character! Achoo!
- Comments: At first, there's a feeling that this is just going to be another self-inserted character, but the story begins throwing fan fiction stereotypes under the bus the same way the Disgaea anime used anime stereotypes and the game series used SRPG stereotypes. I think it's got a lot of potential to turn into a great story if the storyline picks up a bit. The best part though - Laharl getting killed literally in the first paragraph.
- As of the new chapter, possibly not.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.