A flag design on swimwear, or similar garment, apparently to make the outfit even sexier, or at least very distinctive.
For some reason, the U.S. flag seems to be the most common, but it's not the only one.
It often shows up in advertising, particularly if being worn by a Hood Ornament Hottie.
Some people consider this disrespectful to these flags (and Brazil actually bans its flag on swimsuits), while other people don't seem to mind, as shown by the popularity of this kind of suit.
Anime & Manga
Films -- Live-Action
- The two heroines of the film Dick make flag bikinis for themselves at the end.
- The Pretender has a scene, shown above, that combines this with Going Fur a Swim.
- Lois Lane from Smallville wears one in a strip club.
Chloe: All I can say is... God bless America!
- Seen in the Hustle episode "And This Little Piggy Had Money" as part of a fantasy the mark has about what his life will be like when he accepts the high-paying job in California that Mickey's crew is offering him.
- See the page image from Foreign Fanservice.
- In American Dad, Obama wore a flag speedo.